The Budgie & Parakeet Place DIY Pages:
Recipe: The Orange Bowl
Submitted by: Jared
Author's Note: This recipe I like to call the "Orange Bowl." My budgies love this and it is a pretty interesting thing!
What You'll Need:
- A bowl and knife
- An empty budgie dish
- Half an orange
- A quater of a banana
- Your budgie(s)'s favourite veggie (carrot, broccoli, lettuce, etc.)
- A half a cup of your budgie(s) seed (or pellets)
- Step 1: Scoop out all of the inside of the half of orange, but don't throw it out.
- Step 2: Cut the quarter of banana into budgie bite size and put it into the bowl.
- Step 3: Get some of your budgie's favourite veggie (i used shredded carrot) and put it in the bowl.
- Step 4: Put the seed (or pellets) in the bowl
- Step 5: Put the inside of the orange in the bowl and mix it all together.
- Step 6: Fill the empty orange half with your mix
Put in your budgie's empty budgie dish and watch your budgie(s) enjoy this delicious treat. (The seed is good if your budgie isn't used to veggies and fruit. It's how i got mine interested in it!)
Back to DIY Main Page
Back to The Budgie Place
© 1997-2012 Melinda (Mindy) Amaral
This website in its entirety is owned, designed, coded, and scripted by The Budgie and Parakeet Place founder and webmaster Mindy Amaral. Please ask permission before adapting any of its contents for personal use.