The Budgie & Parakeet Place DIY Pages:
Toy: Bird Piñata
Submitted by: Briar
Author's Note: This is a fun way to entertain your budgie! Not only is it cheap, but it's both a toy and a treat! Watch them slowly rip this toy apart, and eat what they find inside!
What You'll Need:
- Toilet paper roll (just the cardboard roll)
- Newspaper (black and white ink only), tissues, or other bird-safe wrapping material
- Bird-safe twine
- Treats, such as fruit, bird biscuits, etc.
- Step 1: Take a toilet paper roll and fill it with treats.
- Step 2: Wrap the filled roll in the bird-safe wrapping material so that both open ends of the toilet paper roll are covered. Use scissors if needed.
- Step 3: To keep the wrapping material in place so that is doesn't slide off, tie a band of bird-safe twine around the wrapped roll. Use scissors if needed.
- Step 4: Now decide how you're going to put it into the cage. You could attach your mini piñata to the bars of the cage, or onto a ladder using twine. It's your decision!
Now watch your cute feathered friend have fun tearing into his new toy/treat!
Back to DIY Main Page
Back to The Budgie Place
© 1997-2012 Melinda (Mindy) Amaral
This website in its entirety is owned, designed, coded, and scripted by The Budgie and Parakeet Place founder and webmaster Mindy Amaral. Please ask permission before adapting any of its contents for personal use.